Friday, October 05, 2007

On gun laws

I copied this from a post on my forum to publish here because, I thought that it was very well thought out, relevant, and insightful. I agree completely with the poster and applaud this kind of understanding of our god given rights.
Try to imagine how I felt when I discovered that it was posted by My son. I could not be happier.


"There are millions of Americans that have every right and the capacity to defend them selves. In the 21st century Americans are being told that they cannot be trusted with the defense of their own life and liberty. In a forum like this I don’t have to explain why my previous statement is mind blowing. In my ideal society, all laws and restrictions on firearms should only take affect after “the trigger is pulled”. Gun laws should reflect civic responsibility. Currently gun laws only promote conformity. Currently if Americans CHOSE to obey the law, they are greatly restricted in their ability to defend themselves. Once every citizen of the United States is legally allowed to own and carry without any restrictions, only then do all registration hurtles become pertinent. Aside from laws that require citizens to respect private establishments who restrict guns on their premises (we all know what happens at these establishments). “After the trigger is pulled”, If a citizen of the United States abuses their constitutional right to own and PUBLICLY POSES a firearm then they SHOULD be judged accordingly by a jury of their peers. All laws should reflect that the average peaceful law abiding gun owner is going to know how and when to use their firearm."

No comments: