Monday, September 24, 2007

On Rudy Giuliani

I just have to wonder, what is really in his heart. Could he actually have had a change in his previous position on gun control or is he truly the ultimate politician pandering to the real Republican base. At the recent NRA conference he he told them that they could trust him to defend the right to bear arms in spite of his high-profile support for gun control while serving as mayor of New York. However he made no apologies for his record as New York mayor, saying he needed every possible legal tool to fight crime in the city. Exactly how is curtailing the right of peaceful, law abiding citizens to have adequate means of self defence a "legal tool".
I may be far too much of a single issue voter but, I'm not sure that he really gets it. I am very leery of this mans motives and he has a long way to go before I am convinced.
I understand that he probably is the "most electable" Republican, I just hope that I don't have to hold my nose while I'm voting.

No comments: